The Opioid Prescribing Work Group (OPWG) is an advisory body of experts convened to forward the Minnesota Department of Health’s Opioid Prescribing Improvement Program (OPIP). This group has the pivotal role of shaping this program and recommending quality improvements to Minnesota Health Care Programs.
Prescriber education is a key foundation of the Steve Rummler HOPE Network’s mission to end the opioid epidemic and stop overdose-related deaths. In partnership with the Minnesota Medical Association and the University of Minnesota Medical School, our lecture series “Pain, Opioids and Addiction” is directed towards doctors entering the field of medicine. On the forefront of our Prescriber Education program is Dr. Charles Reznikoff, addiction specialist at Hennepin County Medical Center and member of the OPWG.
We at the Steve Rummler HOPE Network would like to extend our gratitude to the the Opioid Prescribing Work Group for their tireless efforts in addressing such issues as inappropriate prescribing behavior among Minnesota health care providers and preventing opioid misuse and abuse.
- Julie L. Cunningham, PharmD, BCPP, Mayo Clinic Health System
- Sen. Chris Eaton, RN, Minnesota State Senate
- Tiffany Elton, PharmD, NCPS, Fond du Lac Human Services Pharmacy
- Dana Farley, MS, Minnesota Department of Health
- Rebekah Forrest, RN, CNP, Native American Community Clinic
- Ifeyinwa Nneka Igwe, MD, Essentia Health
- Bradley Johnson, MD, South Country Health Alliance
- Chris Johnson, MD, Allina Health
- Ernest Lampe, MD, Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- Matthew Lewis, MD (not practicing), Winona
- Pete Marshall, PharmD, HealthPartners
- Murray McAllister, PsyD, LP, Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
- Richard Nadeau, DDS, MPH, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
- Mary Beth Reinke, PharmD, MSA, Department of Human Services
- Charles Reznikoff, MD, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Jeffrey Schiff, MD, MBA, Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Detective Charles Strack, Little Falls Police Department
- Lindsey Thomas, MD, Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office
We’d like to give a special thanks to Sen. Chris Eaton, board member Dr. Chris Johnson, and the head of our prescriber education program Dr. Charles Reznikoff. The Steve Rummler HOPE Network has been fortunate enough to work closely with these remarkable individuals to further our mission.